Seamless blend of history with contemporary living sets a new standard
Through the cottage garden with feature iron fencing and beautiful magnolia tree, the hallway, with original timber floorboards, entices you to look further. Four generously sized bedrooms open off the hallway, with two boasting original 1800’s coal-burning fireplaces. Reminding us of another time are original Georgian features like the servant’s bell at the front door, and a boot scraper from a time when the streets of New Town were dirt.
An impressive space, the new extension is both visually stimulating and functionally appealing. Combining hardwood and polished concrete floors, premium fixtures and a welcoming ambience, you’ll feel right at home here. Exposed stonework is a stunning feature, where the old meets the new. Built with bare hands all those years ago, truly reflecting the historical significance of our past.
A sleek culinary oasis awaits the chef in your family. Offering a seamless connection to dining space, sitting room and the outdoors, the kitchen will no doubt be the social hub of your new home. Boasting feature timber accents, stainless steel splashbacks and bench tops, island bench with Asko gas hob, Qasair commercial rangehood, slide out pantry and much more, no expense has been spared here.
Spacious dining for all is also on offer. Entertain with ease, as family and friends join you to create lasting memories over lazy Sunday brunches and special occasions. The expansive family lounge will create movie nights to be anticipated with delight. Or find some quiet time, away from the rest of the house, sipping on a glass of wine and enjoying the outlook through the feature corner window to the garden beyond.
Luxurious and cleverly designed, the combined bathroom laundry is finished with quality tiles and includes a walk-in shower.
Needing more space? The garage/workshop would be an ideal rumpus area. Working from home? With four bedrooms and an office flexibility is on offer here to suit your needs.
• Colonial Georgian home, blending original features with architecturally designed extension
• Sleek kitchen incorporating island bench with Asko gas hobs and Qasair commercial rangehood, Miele wall oven and dishwasher, slide out Hafele, custom stainless steel benches and splashbacks, ample storage and more
• Multiple living areas including large family lounge off sitting area and indoor dining space
• Four large bedrooms and a study, easily used for a fifth bedroom, gym, library or additional living space
• Private courtyard flows to level fully fenced rear garden with established fruit trees and room for vegetable gardens, as well as space for children and pets to play safely
• Spotted gum timber framing and double glazing for all windows and doors in new extension
• Brick paved driveway with high roof double carport and garage
• Total off-street parking for seven vehicles
• Roofing: original home – slate, extension – Colorbond
• Walls: original section – external sandstone and rendered rubble masonry, rendered double sandstone brick internal walls
• Heating and HWS – four bedrooms and study, hallways, kitchen and dining room have hydronic thermostatically controlled radiators. Sitting and lounge area – slab hydronic thermostatically controlled heating. Including the HWS, this is all run through mains gas supplied Baxi Luna 3 HWS
• Walking distance to the Friends School, Ogilvie High School and local schools • All local amenities close by including Hill Street Grocer, Woolworths, Coles, Kmart, Calvary Hospital and public transport
Offering the solitude to feel removed from the everyday, and yet so close to all conveniences that New Town has to offer, this property evokes both timeless luxury and a lifestyle to love.
Call Peter Clark today to arrange your personal inspection.
*The information contained herein has been supplied to us and we have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however, cannot guarantee it. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify this information.
Click the map to interact
Make an enquiry
"*" indicates required fields
Looking to sell?
When you choose to sell with Fall Real Estate, you put your trust in our reach, relationships and results. We believe that selling a house or property can be stress-free and exciting when you have the right knowledge partnered with a supportive sales agent and admin team. Learn more about our selling strategy and stress-free process by requesting a free sales appraisal.